Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Surprises.

We have a broken chestnut dwarf doe [Tamara] that likes to give us a surprise from time to time. She's given me two fuzzy dwarfs, Dilemma and Riot. Riot's litter brother was a surprise too - a sable marten. Yep, sable marten out of a black otter and a broken chestnut. Um, wow.

I named him Slick.

Slick as a baby


And at 5 months old



We're probably going to try him with a few does and see what he carries/throws. I sure hadn't planned on doing shaded martens, but I do like this guy. I'll probably take him to a few shows and see how he does. I won't mention the word Nationals in the barn until it's too late. Our beautiful smoke doe out of Rockstar is *still* molting from the use of the "C" word >.< Her prime lasted until a week before Convention. Sigh.

Tamara is due again next week. I wonder what surprise we'll get this time around?!

Melanie

1 comment:

  1. So you are going to give me the sable marten buck since you don't do them right?
    hehe!
    Nice looking buck Mel, Cheryl C.

    ReplyDelete