Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The morning race.


I never thought I'd admit to being a morning person, but I think I am. I usually go to Mom's house around 6:30, a full hour before I'm to leave for work. Why? Morning chores, listening to bunnies happily munching on their pellets, me and my camera.

Mornings are my favorite time to take pictures. The key however is to time it so that I still have time to come in and edit them before I leave for work. If my timing is off and I don't have time to view my mornings work it bums me out, lol.

As promised here is our new buck, Sleeptalker. Mom calls him a roan. She mentioned wanting a red roan too. I think she might like these woolies =)




He's a bit cottony in coat right now but I think he's transitioning to his senior coat. I still might show him this weekend. His head is ginormous! I love how easily and naturally he poses.


Pictured above is our first intentional wooly litter. 2 ruby eyed whites and an otter. I am very excited about having a tan pattern [see I'm learning].


What's that? We now have 2 baby steel hollands in the nest box. I have always loved the steel color. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next with them. I guess a lot depends on the quality and genders of this litter. The dam is a doe that was given to me. She's been a blessing! Not only is she raising her 4 but she's raising 3 triple bred Rockstar REWs that the dwarf doe refused to feed. What a good momma!!!

We're going to a show this weekend! It feels like it's been forever. We are only showing one holland doe, everyone else is on a litter or bred! Yikes. The dwarfs on the other hand, we're showing mostly does. Slackers.

Enjoy your Tuesday!
Melanie

2 comments:

  1. Sleeptalker is wearing a Tutu!!! He must be smokin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog looks great Melanie! I'll add ya to my favorites :).

    Qadoshyah

    ReplyDelete