Monday, January 12, 2009

Nope, not a fan.


I'll admit it, I browse rabbit websites quite often. I like to check out the competition and drool over friends upcoming juniors *cough CNs Obsession cough*. Some of my favorite sites I visit daily. That's not considered stalking, is it?

One of the things I've noticed a lot of is vase posing, toe touching and in extreme examples front feet literally resting on back feet. I personally don't think it does anything for the normally beautiful topline of the holland/dwarf nor is it fooling me [and hopefully everyone else] into thinking your rabbits are magically short(er).


Good or bad, our virtual rabbitry gives those breeders across the country a chance to peek into our barns. I know taking a good rabbit picture can be a test of patience and endurance, but in the end a few good pictures are IMO better than 20 over posed bad pictures.

Let's all put our best foot forward, just um not quite that far forward.
Melanie

PS - my sincerest apologies to Sub Zero for putting up with me trying to get the above picture. He'd like to be remembered like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment