Thursday, January 29, 2009

Excitement!


The new babies are all doing good. Saki loves being a mom! Our dwarf baby/junior count is up to 25+. I can't even remember the last time we had such success with our dwarf breedings!

Four more nest boxes were given this morning - Rosita, Dilemma, Tamara and J1. All very exciting litters. Dilemma had a singleton that I fostered last litter so I'm hoping for more viable kits from her this time around. Tamara, well she always gives us something interesting =D Rosita has been one of our best producing does but she's bred to a borrowed buck from JoAnn, L&R Sage. We've never attempted a cross like this so cross your fingers for both us and JoAnn!

We recently acquired 4 new THF Saynora does from a friend in Cali that sold her holland herd. They all 4 are bred and due very soon. I mention this because Mom thinks the dwarfs are 'taking over the barn' lol. I'm anxious to get the pedigrees on them so I can see in theory how I think they'll mesh with our existing lines. THF Saynora's Zayden came with the does. He is a cute buck and full brother to THF Saynora's Zeb. His first litters will be here soon! So much excitement lately!

Looking forward to a warmer weekend!
Melanie

1 comment:

  1. awww... i used to have a paid of dwarf lops and they were precious. your little animals are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete