Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The beginning of a good thing.



I've always admired Rick Smith's motto, "Depth without Daylight".

That is something I've always strived for. Nice full chests, deep and strong shoulders and short thick bone. It's a thing of beauty, the beginning of a good thing.

It has always been my personal preference to not be able to play London Bridges between the front legs and midsection of a holland or dwarf. I think that should be left for another breed, the Belgian perhaps ;-)

I do realize we as breeders all have our different pet peeves. What bothers me might not bother you. We are all at different stages in our breeding program so what is strong in breeder x's herd might not be as developed in another.

I'm still working on putting pieces together. 2009 will be spent trying to reach those seemingly unattainable goals. Trying to fix what we're lacking all the while trying not to loose what I do like.

How's your puzzle coming?

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment