Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Website Feature.

-
This morning I added something new to the sales page of our website. It is a notification feature maintained by ChangeDetection.
-
Maintaining a waiting/notification list IMO turned into a frustrating ordeal and something I have said for quite a while that I was not doing. No matter how many times I politely told someone we don't do or have _____, the response was always 'save my email for when you do'.
-
Most of these I classified as 'whim buyers'. They didn't really know what they wanted, a specific bloodline for example, but wanted to know when anything became available. Anything! Most of the time 'whim buyers' fill their barns after their first couple of shows they attended and no longer wanted to be notified of sales stock. I am hoping this new system works out well. There is no maintaining on my end! YAY!
-
In baby goat news. The young doe, Kadee Dott, has accepted her role as mommy. Even though her baby was a single, I believe him to be the smallest we've had!
-
On a very sad note (at least to me) the boy goats will be for sale. They are registered and can be sold intact or as wethers. Darla's baby boy is by far the most personable and outgoing. He is a total riot! Hanna's baby boy is cobby and stocky, but a little shyer. KDott's is the smallest, personality to be determined ;)
-
This weekend's plans include building a junior cage, hay feeders and going thru and hopefully thinning the herd a bit. Our cages are FULL and as hard as it's going to be rabbit(s) need to be sold. We momentarily considered going to a show in Hutchinson Kansas but decided with two big shows coming up it'd be better to save our rabbits for those shows. Mom and I are firm believers in not 'over showing' our rabbits. Too many shows back to back can cause stressed bunnies and poor flesh condition.
-
There is a chance of rain again this weekend, but I'm going to try and get updated pictures of the baby goats!

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment