Friday, March 13, 2009

Blue Tort Race Part 2a.

-
Remember this guy...
-
-
Blue tort #2. Laramie x Zebrina. Around 10 weeks old. He's now officially in his ganglies. I'll try to call it that from now on, I've been told they are not uglies.
-

-
I am iffy on his body at this stage, but I've learned it's better to have a little patience than to cull to soon. He does have a nice full rump. His fur is weirdly dense and short. I hope it molts out.

-
-
One thing I do like about this guy is his bone and front end. He's already got quite a chest! I can see the potential in his head and ear, his cheeks are starting to think about popping.
-
According to Wikipedia:

The development of pearl farming:
Today, almost all pearls used for jewelry are cultured by planting a core or nucleus into pearl oysters
. The pearls are usually harvested after one year for akoya, 2-4 years for Tahitian and South Sea, and 2-7 years for freshwater.

-
I've always said I'd rather our rabbits take a little bit longer to mature and continually get better than to have them peak at 3-4 months and fall apart from there.
--
Good luck and safe travels to those attending the Duncan show. I hope to see you there =D
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment