Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Meshing.

We've worked with one line almost exclusively in our hollands. I'm very happy with it [THF Saynora] and would highly recommend them any chance I get.
We recently added a trio from Coin/Nelson into the mix. Meshing lines can be scary. You usually don't know how the two lines will mesh, what new flaws will pop up and what you're going to mess up that you already like in your herd. I think the key when bringing in something new is to remember what you were trying to fix and keep only those with the strongest of those traits. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

It took a bit to get one of the does going, but we finally have babies out of the cross.
Pictured below are the litter out of Lil' Bit Farms Logan x CN's J1. A black doe, broken black doe and a sable point buck. Finally some does =D




Is there anything cuter than baby hollands? I don't think so!!
Melanie

1 comment:

  1. Helo..
    This is my forst tome visiting ur blog. But OMG i was sooooo impressed to see ur rabbits, esp the sable point buck. *I'm looking for a show quality sable point buck in Malaysia, but i think i'm very unlucky :( *

    I add u in my blogroll and will definately visit u again.. keep up blogging!

    ReplyDelete