Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March Babies.

Our last litters were mostly successful. I say mostly because last night we lost 3 of a litter of 4 due to a doe peeing on her babies while she fed them. It got down to 31 last night and they froze. :( So sad! It's those loses that I feel could have been avoided that hurt the most. Mom was able to warm up one and it was placed with new foster mom Wynn. Wynn is loving being a mom. She pulls hair daily for her nest :)

Karma is due today. I'm trying not to get too excited with it being her first litter, but I can't help it. Wynn and Karma babies at the same time, Oh em gee SQEEE (or EEEK, whichever suits you best!)

Two more does due this week and several due next week.

It's that time of year again where our website is severely outdated due to I-hate-the-cold-don't-do-pictures-in-the-winter-itis. I have big plans to update and overhaul the site. It's all up there in my head, so let's hope I can transfer that into real motion to get it done.

Our SJD Zandria won a double BOB in Duncan last weekend. The Holland numbers were tiny :( but she did have to beat out the seniors, so I guess I'll mention it. This is the same doe that won two BOS in Loveland. One judge swore up and down that she was a buck that had been wrongly placed in the doe class :) He did a double check on her 'parts' before anything else.
Our next show is Skiatook OK the 26th. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Entry deadline for Holland Nationals is April 8th. I've heard that someone has already entered. Really?! Wow.
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment