Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dandelions.

Laramie gave me a scare yesterday. He went off his feed, wouldn't eat cheerios and the scariest part was he wasn't interested in me. Laramie is the oldest and most affectionate rabbit in the barn. He buzzes with joy when he sees me coming and it's a chore to get his cage door closed after his head rubbings. To see him so lifeless and un-animated was terrifying. We gave him some parsley, dandelions and lots of love. By this morning he was almost his normal self and had eaten almost everything we gave him. Huge sigh of relief!

For those of you that don't know, dandelions are a wonderful all natural pick me up for sick bunnies. (just make sure they haven't been sprayed with any yard chemicals).

A young and older picture of Laramie above.

Laramie is still active in our breeding program. He is our go-to-guy when a doe is lacking height or uprightness. He usually puts a good front end on his babies. Quite a few of his kids have placed Nationally including, Shoshoni, Rory, Cheyenne and Laylah. My favorite upcoming Laramie kid is Bentley. I think he's the best buck Laramie has produced to date.

He's been retired from showing for quite a while now but his best accomplishment was his 2nd place at Convention - so close! I believe he has 38 legs.

Laramie will be 5 in a few months and I hope he gives me lots more years.

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment