Tuesday, August 9, 2011

You've probably noticed.

These last six months or so have been really tough for me, for lots of reasons. I have found myself absolutely dreading chores. Morning chores, evening chores, cleaning, feeding, watering, breeding/palpating, I dread them all. I have avoided at all costs what has become the most dreaded of all chores, taking pictures. I have found reasons/excuses to skip or not attend shows. I haven't made hotel reservations for Convention and anytime someone asks it becomes 'if we go'.

How does one go from having rabbits as their 'life' to just doing it because they have to?

I do think every breeder goes thru spells. I am grateful to have my Mom to help with the chores
while I try and figure out what is next for me. Until then, the website is grossly out of date. Juniors have turned to seniors and moved onto litters with no pictures of their progress.

I am giving myself time and hoping one day soon to just 'feel it again'.

I do have to brag now before the standings change. We are currently nationally ranked:

Sweepstakes Standing: 3rd

Quality Points: 3rd

Herdsman Points: 3rd

Top Lop – 3rd (Lil’ Bit Farms Karma)

Melanie


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your fantastic sweepstakes placings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get the feeling back. There has just been too much other stuff going on....we need to get rid of the other stuff, not the rabbits, 9 ;

    ReplyDelete